Critical Reflection

 

Prior to the start of the module, my goal was to improve on my presentation skills as I often get nervous during presentation. This leads me to forgetting what I had originally wanted to share, and not being able to continue with my sharing. The biggest takeaway for this module was the increase in my confidence level while presenting. In building my confidence for presentation, I made sure I conducted sufficient research on the items that I will be sharing. I feel that having proper grasp of the knowledge will lead to higher confidence level during presentation. Furthermore, having trial presentation sessions during lesson enables us to practice presenting in front of our classmates. This way, we can point out the mistakes made by one another, so that we can allow them to improve on their presentation, while at the same time we will avoid making the same mistakes when it is our turn to present. Having the mask on while presenting affects the output of our voice, hence we have to adapt to speaking louder as compared to our regular tone. In general, I think I would still have to work on my presentation skills as my current presenting skills are still not perfect, and that I was still a tad nervous while presenting. During future presentation opportunities, I could take the initiative to be the first presenter so that it could boost and improve on my own confidence level.

Another goal of mine was to work on my report writing skills, as I am weaker in language. I dreaded drafting reports in the past due to my weakness in language. Through the technical report, we were able to work together as a team to learn from one another the grammatical mistakes they made in their writings, and to avoid making the same mistakes in our future writings. Furthermore, this module has taught me on the various ways in paraphrasing content from the web, instead of copying entirely from the internet. At the end of the module, I have improved in my writing skills such that I avoid using the first and second person when writing reports, as it is informal.

Through the technical project, I learnt that communication is essentially important in working as a team so as to avoid any miscommunication that might possibly occur. Through communication, we are then better able to understand one another’s viewpoint towards our project, so that we can focus on heading towards the same goal for our project. Furthermore, every individual has their own strengths and weaknesses. Through communicating with one another, we are able to tap on the strengths of each individual to complement the weaknesses, such as my weakness in language.

Self-learning is also critical in terms of drafting the report, as we had to ensure we conducted proper and sufficient research, and only obtaining information from credible sources such as research articles to be used in our report. As citations for each types of source differs, hence we have to read up on it to ensure that we have cited the sources properly. Combining all these learning outcomes, we were able to put together a detailed report within the short timeframe given, with all the techniques and skills taught throughout the 13 weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annotated Summary

Formal Letter

Sustainable technologies (Summary & reader's response - Draft 1)